1. I need an aggressive and consistent training regimen in the pool.
2. I need an aggressive and consistent training regimen on the bike.
3. I need an aggressive and consistent run training regimen.
4. Racing without being well prepared is a dumbass thing to do because it kind of hurts, and to top it all off, you don’t win anything.
5. For me, the difference between being race-ready and or not in a sprint distance tri is about 10-12 minutes on the clock.
6. Some of the finest people I will ever know are triathletes. True class acts. Eric, Dave, Mendy, Julie, Janice, Holly, Roby, Beth, Jay, Hal… the list is long and I apologize if I didn’t include you here. (You’re on my long list.) I am VERY lucky to count these people as my friends.
7. There’s no bullshit in triathlon. There is nowhere to hide. The clock doesn’t lie.
8. Racing reveals every single flaw. There’s no escaping it. What you do with those flaws is your choice – which is pretty eye-opening in and of itself.
9. Triathletes are a bunch of VERY fit and VERY twisted people.
Yeah, I had a blast.